Current VacanciesThursday, 07 June 2012 18:46
The Noor Ul Islam Trust is a Registered Charity based in London.
The Trust provides a whole range of service to the local community. Since 1990, when it opened its Head Office at High Road, Leyton, London El0, the Trust has provided the local, national and international community with welfare services.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School started in September 2001. The school is 15 minutes walk from Noor Ul Islam Trust Head Office.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School is a mixed one-form entry Independent Islamic Primary School with 160 pupils on roll and with a waiting list which consists of over 420 pupils.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School is a dynamic, forward-looking Islamic school. 'To motivate every student to achieve their academic potential' is our ethos and we want every learner to achieve the best. We focus all our energies on providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences within an Islamic, caring and secure environment within the community.
For further information on Noor Ul Islam Trust, please visit:http://www.noorulislam.co.uk
Location: East London
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 depending on experience
Start Date: Negotiable, no later than Jan 2015
Applications close: 20th July 2014
Dates of Interviews: 1st to 10th August 2014
This over-subscribed independent Islamic school is part of the Noor Ul Islam Trust, a progressive and established organisation in East London dedicated to community service and cohesion, with ambitious goals and plans underway. The Trust encompasses a Community Centre, Mosque, Madrassa, Pre-School and Primary School.
The Trust is seeking an outstanding, highly motivated and able Head Teacher who will lead, manage and inspire this highly popular primary school to achieve its aim and vision.
We are looking for:
- Someone with the ability to inspire high expectations and facilitate the realising of potential in staff and children and making the school outstanding.
- A Head Teacher that appreciates the scope of a comprehensive Islamic education (Tarbiyyah) – the blend of Islamic morals & manners, academic achievement and sound Islamic belief.
- Has a strong Islamic faith and will lead the Islamic ethos of the school by example, in collaboration with the Islamic Studies department.
- Is committed to fostering and nurturing links with the wider community, including schools and other faiths.
- Has leadership and management experience within primary schools
- Someone who recognises that success comes through teamwork, but is able to lead and motivate both staff and pupils.
We will offer you:
- An Islamic school that truly has pupils with observable exemplary Islamic behaviour, who are keen to learn, and are proud of being part of Noor Ul Islam.
- The opportunity to really make your mark - bring to life your vision for Islamic primary school education.
- A team of loyal staff, committed to continuous improvement and being led to become the best they can be.
- A proactive governing body with diverse professional backgrounds, which provide the right balance of support and challenge.
- Engaged parents who care about their children’s education and support the school’s Islamic ethos and ambitions
- The opportunity to be part of an established Islamic organisation that is dedicated to meeting the educational and religious needs of the community.
How to apply:
Please use the links below to view the Job Description, Person Specification, and download the Application Form.
717 High Road, London E10 5AB for more details and an application form.
Noor Ul Islam Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of its children. Candidates will be required to undergo the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks. References will be taken up as candidates are shortlisted for interview.
Head Teacher Job Description
Head Teacher Person Specification
Head Teacher Application Form