Current VacanciesThursday, 07 June 2012 18:46
The Noor Ul Islam Trust is a Registered Charity based in London.
The Trust provides a whole range of service to the local community. Since 1990, when it opened its Head Office at High Road, Leyton, London El0, the Trust has provided the local, national and international community with welfare services.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School started in September 2001. The school is 15 minutes walk from Noor Ul Islam Trust Head Office.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School is a mixed one-form entry Independent Islamic Primary School with 160 pupils on roll and with a waiting list which consists of over 420 pupils.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School is a dynamic, forward-looking Islamic school. 'To motivate every student to achieve their academic potential' is our ethos and we want every learner to achieve the best. We focus all our energies on providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences within an Islamic, caring and secure environment within the community.
For further information on Noor Ul Islam Trust, please visit:http://www.noorulislam.co.uk
PA to Headteacher
Noor Ul Islam Primary School
Apply by 30/12/2013
Interview in Early January 2014
Start date 17/02/2014 or earlier
£12,000 - £13,500 (dependant on experience and qualifications)
Leyton, East London
1 Year Maternity
Overall Purpose of the job
This is a full-time post mainly working during term time with at least 28 days of holidays to be taken during school holidays. The post holder provides personal assistance, organisation and confidential secretarial support for the Headteacher and Leadership team to allow them maximum time to devote to leading and managing the school community. The post consists of varied tasks requiring attention to detail and flexibility of mind. Periods of pressure are sustained and are often unpredictable.
Applicants should have a good general educational background combined with advanced I.T. skills. The successful applicant will have experience of a busy office environment. Appropriate induction and in-service training will be provided.
1) Provide a full personal assistance/confidential service to the Headteacher and secretarial/administrative support to the Leadership team to support them in managing the School.
2) Act as a confidential aide to the Headteacher and Leadership team to enable effective communication within the School, with the local community and national organisations.
3) Prepare and distribute agenda and other relevant documents and taking accurate minutes at all committee meetings and other important meetings.
4) Liaise with Governors to ensure that the close partnership between Governors and the School is maintained.
Co-ordinate and administer Governor and staff representative elections.
5) Manage the marketing and recruitment for the annual intake into Year R which includes:
Publicity for the school Open Morning; compilation of school leaflets and prospectus; arranging pre-school visits for pupils and staff.
6) Assist the Headteacher in providing a full recruitment and selection service, including the issuing of contracts and pre-employment checks for all staff appointments.
Maintain the School’s CRB Central Record in Headteacher’s absence.
7) Attend Leadership Team meetings as and when required.
Notwithstanding the detail in this outline the Job-holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Headteacher from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the Principal Responsibilities of the job.
- Staff that remind you of the Qur’aan and Sunna
- A weekly (term time) short talk from a student of knowledge and graduate of Madina University
- A team that is committed to staff development and pupil outcomes
- Lively and highly motivated pupils who are keen to learn and very respectful
- Parents who are supportive of their children's education
- A pleasant Islamic working environment
- Working as part of a strong and established team
- Friendly, caring and supportive staff
How to Apply
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all posts will be subject to enhanced CRB checks.
Closing Date: 3.00pm on Monday 30th December 2013 with interviews to take place at the beginning of January 2014.