Current VacanciesThursday, 07 June 2012 18:46
The Noor Ul Islam Trust is a Registered Charity based in London.
The Trust provides a whole range of service to the local community. Since 1990, when it opened its Head Office at High Road, Leyton, London El0, the Trust has provided the local, national and international community with welfare services.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School started in September 2001. The school is 15 minutes walk from Noor Ul Islam Trust Head Office.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School is a mixed one-form entry Independent Islamic Primary School with 160 pupils on roll and with a waiting list which consists of over 420 pupils.
Noor Ul Islam Primary School is a dynamic, forward-looking Islamic school. 'To motivate every student to achieve their academic potential' is our ethos and we want every learner to achieve the best. We focus all our energies on providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences within an Islamic, caring and secure environment within the community.
For further information on Noor Ul Islam Trust, please visit:http://www.noorulislam.co.uk
Deputy Head Teacher
Location: East London
Start Date: January 2015
Applications close: 28th Oct 2014
Dates of Interviews: 1st to 2nd Nov 2014
This over-subscribed independent Islamic school is part of the Noor Ul Islam Trust, a progressive and established organisation in East London dedicated to community service and cohesion, with ambitious goals and plans underway. The Trust encompasses a Community Centre, Mosque, Madrassa, Pre-School and Primary School.
The Trust is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, organised and able Deputy Head Teacher who will work in partnership with the Head Teacher to contribute to the further development of the school and to help manage and inspire this highly popular primary school to achieve its aim and vision.
This role will also involve a class teaching commitment.
- Be a Deputy Head Teacher that appreciates the scope of a comprehensive Islamic education (Tarbiyyah) – the blend of Islamic morals & manners, academic achievement and sound Islamic belief.
- Have a strong Islamic faith and will actively support and enhance the Islamic ethos of the school.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner and professional role model
- Be dedicated to excellence in education and have high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
- Have leadership and management experience within primary schools
- Be able to challenge and motivate others to achieve outstanding practise
- Be committed to working with pupils, staff and parents to raise standards
We will offer you:
- An Islamic school that truly has pupils with observable exemplary Islamic behaviour, who are keen to learn, and are proud of being part of Noor Ul Islam.
- A proactive governing body with diverse professional backgrounds, which provide the right balance of support and challenge.
- Engaged parents who care about their children’s education and support the school’s Islamic ethos and ambitions
- The opportunity to be part of an established Islamic organisation that is dedicated to meeting the educational and religious needs of the community.
- highly effective and hardworking staff
How to apply:
Please use the links below to view the Job Description, Person Specification, and download the Application Form.
717 High Road, London E10 5AB for more details and an application form.
Noor Ul Islam Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of its children. Candidates will be required to undergo the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks. References will be taken up as candidates are shortlisted for interview.
Additional Information and forms: